Home extensions are the perfect way to add extra space or create a new room in your home without having to move. You can have an extension built by a company specializing in this type of work, but how do you know which company is best for you?
If you’re considering adding an extension to your home, don’t just jump into the project, it’s worth taking some time to look at how well your contractor will be able to handle everything that comes with construction projects of this size and scope. The bigger the project, the more critical it is to ensure that you choose someone with experience dealing with all aspects of construction and working with customers like yourself.
Read on to learn why industry experience is essential when selecting your building company.
Asking the Right Questions
You can learn a lot about a company by asking the right questions. Before you begin your search, here are some examples of questions you should consider asking when evaluating building companies:
- What is their experience level? How long have they been in business, and how many projects have they completed?
- Have they completed similar projects to your own? What kind of work have they done in the past (single- or two-storey extensions)? What was the scale of those projects compared to yours; did it involve anything tricky like removing asbestos or working with old timbers?
- How many people are on their team, and how qualified is each staff member at different levels within the company?
- Do they have a reputation for excellence and customer satisfaction, or not? If so, what is their rating on Google Reviews or other review sites?
Choosing the Right Company
If you’re looking to build a new extension or need advice on the best materials and designs for your project, then it’s always best to choose an experienced company. They will be able to guide you through your options and give expert advice on how much work will need to be done before construction can start.
When looking for a company to extend your home, you need to consider the following things:
- Quality construction: Building companies with experience have developed their processes and procedures over time, ensuring they have the skills and resources necessary to complete the job well. They will have the knowledge and ability to ensure that your home extension is constructed in a way that will provide you with a long-lasting investment and enjoyment of your property.
- Improved communication: Building companies with experience understand how to communicate with their clients effectively. They can explain what is happening during the construction process, answer any questions you may have, and resolve any issues that may arise efficiently. This means you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your new home is being built according to plan.
- Ability to meet deadlines: The more experience a builder has, the more likely they will be able to meet deadlines and budgets. The more projects they have completed, the better their understanding of what is required for any job. This means they can offer advice regarding any potential issues with your project before they arise, meaning less stress and hassle for all parties involved.
- Skilled workmanship: Industry experience is about having the right skills and qualifications and relevant experience in the type of project you are undertaking. For example, if you are building an extension, your chosen builder must have previous experience working on similar projects.
- Building knowledge: A company with industry experience will also have a wealth of knowledge about the local area and regulations around planning permission, building regulations and other factors that may affect your home extension. This can be invaluable when navigating complex processes.
Check Reviews and Recommendations
Industry experience is one of the most critical factors when looking for a building company. Knowing which companies have been around for years and which are simply jumping on the bandwagon can take time and effort.
Companies that have been around for decades should have a reputation for good work and excellent reviews, such as Duncan Thompson Extensions, who have been building extensions in Melbourne for over 30 years. They have extensive knowledge of all things building-related, so no matter what type of house extension or renovation you need, they will find a solution that works for you!
Duncan Thompson Extensions has excellent reviews on Google with an average of 5 stars out of 5 from 31 reviews. This shows that previous customers have been happy with the company.