(We are currently working in accordance with a COVIDSafe plan as required by current Victorian Government regulations)
8 step ‘Extension Design and Quote’ process during Covid restrictions:
1. Contact Duncan Thompson Extensions and our design team will call you for a discussion via phone.
2. We are now able to visit your site in person, following COVIDSafe guidelines.
3. Design review meetings are conducted onsite or via video consultation ensuring development of the plans in accordance with your brief. A copyright agreement will need to be signed
4. Concept plans and specifications are prepared by our drafting team for our in-house estimator to price
5. Presentation of the design and quotation is via video consultation or in person whichever you prefer. 3D animations and perspectives are provided to assist with visualising the design
6. Once the design and quote are acceptable, a preliminary agreement is signed, and a deposit is paid
7. Working drawings, structural engineering completed and building contract signed, and planning and building permits are obtained
8. Project construction commences on site by our supervised building team
Along with the community, we are currently being affected by the impact of the COVIDSafe Plan. We are trying to “remain calm and build on” and keep all employees, clients, and the greater community safe.
We are prioritising staff health and safety by adhering to all government requirements and updates. We have a staff member who has completed the e-learning unit for Infection Control for COVID-19, which supports our strategy to implement the correct safety measures for our staff and clients.
What we are doing to maintain our infrastructure and stay functional:
Connecting with Clients
Currently, we are working with an appointment-only policy. We are not taking walk-in contacts.
All supervisors and admin staff are contactable by phone and email. We have a designated emergency number prepared should lockdown occur again and calls will be diverted to that number. Our client liaison person will contact all clients and employees daily to keep them updated with our situation should any shutdowns on sites occur. Our supervisors will liaise with the clients regularly. Designers are available to talk with clients regarding any queries that they may have at any time via phone, Zoom, Skype or Face Time.
Staff Morale and Well-Being
We encourage staff to stay well and communicate any concerns they have to their supervisor. We have a daily video conferencing meeting every morning for all staff to connect with those still working off site. A current list of all phone numbers and emails has been distributed to all staff.
Our administration staff have all been equipped to work from home if required again. We have organised for all staff to be able to communicate with each other via the Team App. External business associates will still be contactable by phone.
Our electronic spreadsheet enables staff to access new enquirer information and allows our designers access to information needed to see their new allocations and communicate/respond to enquiries. This is available to designers on all their electronic devices.
We will maintain our online profile and advise accordingly if we must react to a change in restrictions.
– All our staff are required to work according to Occupational Health and Safety Requirements and our COVIDSafe plan and we liaise with them daily to ensure their needs are met.
– We function as normally as we can within the parameters of our COVIDSafe plan.
– All strategies are subject to government policy and we will continue to update as changes occur.
– We have adhered to and implemented all government risk strategies and requirements.
– We have planned for an out of office workforce that is easily contactable for the onsite teams
– We have developed and implemented a COVIDSafe plan in accordance with current Victorian Government and Occupational Health and Safety guidelines and requirements as directed by the Victorian Building Authority.
– We have implemented risk strategies to protect office workers, site workers, and clients and associated public in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety guidelines and Worksafe requirements.
– We have trained staff to understand the health management aspect of the crisis.
– We have equipped staff with the necessary equipment to function as a team in an out of office environment.
– have implemented a digital strategy for the management of enquiries.
– We have developed a communication strategy to keep all workers and clients connected.
– We have maintained our media profile to market our product and communicate with the public.
– We continue to monitor the government requirements and maintain open communications with all staff, clients and community.